Saturday, January 2, 2010

My friend's gettin married!


I just heard that my friend Lavanya is getting engaged... Mappilai is from chennai,but working 'down under' rite now! When she told me this, my first sensation wasn't delight, to be truthful ...
I ve known her since my childhood as a schoolmate, a very understanding and extremely loyal friend. She is such a nice person that I've felt at times that I don't deserve such a gr8 friend..
But whenever I come to chennai, I first think about visiting her home and then somethin else would come up. And I was always like, "She is gonna be right here, within 15 mins of drive. We can always catch up later"... And I ve forgotten to return her calls or msgs every now and then.
Little things.. but I wish I had done them.

because now, after june, she will come to India once in what, a yr?

I feel bad that I haven't spent more time with such a great and 'ANCIENT' friend.. Come to think of it, I've known her for over 15 YEARS.

But i also feel happy for her for getting such a good match(an engineer with PG), and a life abroad. If anyone deserves this, its Lavanya! And I feel old, btw! What with getting placed in Infy, 2 months outta-college-project I get the feel of my coll life having gotten over!

But I won't think too much about this, or Ill get Nostalgic..cos once I am in, Ill keep brooding for hrs!! So ill wind up 4 now!

PS: I got placed in Infosys :)










4 comments:

Moonlight said...

Hey... Congrats! :) Good luck in Infy! :)

What about the rest of our schoo,mates at Sastra? Sangeetha.. Srividya...?

And btw.. are you talking abt S.B Lavanya??????????????? :O

Chandra said...

Thanks for d wishes!
Judging from the feedback of seniors I'll need a lot of luck!!

Sangeetha got placed with me and is doing an Internship program in Mysore rite now. Technically, her coll is over!

Srividya got placed in TCS..
And yes,its S.B.Lavanya. In fact her engagement is over.

Moonlight said...

Wow! :) Thats nice to hear :)

Work hard in Infy! :) But have tons of fun too! :)

Chandra said...

Will do :)